Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Son-in-law Is Home

My SIL came home on Monday from Iraq.  He only has a short time at home so he and the family are trying to do as much as possible together while he is home. I hate to think of him leaving again.
On a much more pleasant note,  I finally had my Tens Machine implanted in my back on the 14th of June.  It is a machine that sends an electronic impulse into my spine and stops the pain from travelling along the nerves because they are busy sending the electronic impulse.  I am still getting used to it and how to tune it in for the different weather conditions but, it is something I have been waiting to have done for two years.
I have gotten my quilt almost done.  I have only to quilt the outer border and I will be done. This quilt has been a teaching quilt for me.
I also started a paper-pieced table topper called The Star Table Topper.  I decided to do it in red, white, and blue for the 4th of July.  I got it from QuiltCampus at http://www.quiltcampus.net/ .  Cindy there does all kinds of paper-piecing and boy is she ever good at it.  I found her site when I first got a computer and I sign up for her free projects all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment